November 22, 2020
The Feminista 2020 holiday gift guide
Not gonna lie: 2020’s been a bit of a doozy. But we’re keeping it light and bringing the cheer this season, with our first annual holiday feminist gift guide.
Consider this your one-stop shop for literally every lady on your list. From homebodies to protest buddies, eco-feminists to the fashion-obsessed, girly types to your edgiest allies.
We’ve got your mom, sister, bestie, and beyond covered with affordable feminist gifts from yours truly, plus a few favorites from other small businesses and lady makers who are also on their grind.
So start scrolling, get inspired, and sleigh your holiday gift list like a boss this year.
Feminist Gift Idea #1: For sweater party (s)heroes
This ugly sweater-style shirt features a feminist fist that’s just as badass as it is festive, honey, so she can enjoy the sweet release of this holiday season in style. Think she’d rather rock her feminism in red? Swap for our Sleigh the Patriarchy Sweater T Shirt and call it a day.
- Want to put a little cherry on top? Throw in this tasty holiday chocolate—with cute, compostable, and recyclable packaging, we might add—from a small, woman-run chocolate company, Markham & Fitz.
Feminist Gift Idea #2: For girl bosses & glow-getters
It’s been a hell of a year, and we lost one herstory’s feminist greats. But the fight continues and RBG’s legacy lives on, so hook up the go-getters in your life with this one-of-a-kind Ruth Bader Ginsburg tribute tee—complete with her iconic justice collar.
- Pair it with LipSlut’s new matte liquid lipstick, so she can rock red lips like AOC, all in the spirit of Notorious RBG. Plus, 50% of all proceeds go to orgs. continuing her fight for justice. Hell yeah.
Feminist Gift Idea #3: For feminist fashionistas
You might call them… Feministas. If you’ve got a woman in your life who fights for what’s right and always looks good doing it, our Fearless Flawless Feminist tee will fit her perfectly.
- Want to level up? We like the Nevertheless, She Wore It: 50 Iconic Fashion Moments coffee table book for some extra feminist fashion inspo.
Feminist Gift Idea #4: For ladies in lockdown
We’re all leaning a little extra on our friends and family in these strange, socially distanced times. Send a little love to your Zoom crew with our favorite quaran-tee: the Empowered Women shirt. We’re talking coworkers, far-away friends—anyone you’re seeing virtually more than IRL.
For an extra $10, you could sweeten the pot with a Grl Pwr Pop Socket. It’s the ultimate way to upgrade her facetime/video call handheld or stand game.
Feminist Gift Idea #5: For moms, daughters, and role models
It’s time to make your mama blush and then get matchy with it. Let her know she’s a feminist icon up there with Rosa, Ruth, and Michelle when you wear our And My Mom t shirt. Then get her a matching And My Daughter tee, so she can rep you right back.
Complete the look with some super-soft, super-affordable face masks so you can keep your family safe and serve some feminist vibes while you’re at it.
- If it’s for mom, we should probably make it cute. Box it up with some ShePaper’s Like a Boss Lady Gift Wrap and call it a job swell done.
Feminist Gift Idea #6: For your pro-choice girl gang
Slay the gift game this season with one of our favorite feminist gifts: this cool grey All Rights Reserved tee. It’s got a relaxed, unisex fit and a simple message and design, so your sisters can stand up for equal rights in comfort and style.
- You know what makes the perfect stocking stuffer? Stickers. (Say that three times fast.) Our Sugar, Spice & Reproductive Rights makes for a sweet addition to any feminist tee.
Feminist Gift Idea #7: For your body positive besties
Tits the season, folks. For festive feminist looks that let your sister, bff, and beyond celebrate in style. This premium tee is one part minimal, two parts saucy, and 100% perfect for fighting the patriarchy this holiday season.
- Double down with our Uterus Middle Finger tote bag, so she can let her lady parts do the talking all year long.
Feminist Gift Idea #8: For pink & pop culture lovers
On Wednesdays, we wear pink… and smash the patriarchy. This premium t shirt is perfect for the lady in your life who’s totally fetch, and likes her feminism with a heavy dose of femininity. And by heavy dose, we really mean unlimited. The limit does not exist!
- Stay on theme with a copy of Feminists Don’t Wear Pink and Other Lies, collection of essays by celebrities, artists, and activists explaining what feminism means to them. 5
Feminist Gift Idea #9: For the effortlessly eco-chic
Reduce, reuse, recycle, baby. Give the gift of green to all your eco-conscious queens. Start with a classic: our “We Can Do It” sustainable canvas tote. Then stick a Destroy the Patriarchy, Not the Planet decal inside, so she can double down on looking cool with a conscience.
- Oh, and pro tip: this classic pink Nalgene makes the perfect canvas for that new decal. See that circle? Stick it.
Feminist Gift Idea #10: For your protest ride-or-dies
In 2020, feminists showed up in a major way. But now we’re post-election, pre-vaccine, and we could all use a little break. Treat your activist buddies to a Christmas Lights & Equal Rights t-shirt so they can relax in style and still rep their beliefs. Then throw in feminist fist mask to keep the resistance alive in a way that’s truly safe.
- Feeling generous? Keep things cozy with ModSock’s Yes Girl Yes ankle socks. Every time she looks down, she’ll remember she’s a badass and that when 2021 finally rolls around, things should be looking up.